Yulchon’s Securities & Finance Disputes Team has advised and represented a variety of banks, security firms, and financial investment companies in litigation, arbitration, and other disputes involving a wide array of subjects and issues.
These representations required not only skill in Korean litigation, but also actual experience in the industry and specialized knowledge of financial portfolios, financial supervisory rules, and such laws as the Financial Investment Services and Capital Markets Act. Yulchon’s Securities & Finance Disputes Team has those proficiencies, and with the expertise and experience gained from such notable matters as the Daewoo Securities Case, KIKO Case, ELW Case, and Keun-Mortgage Installation Fee Case, is able to provide top-notch legal services for various financial institutions.
Major Practice Areas
- Legal counseling on and representation in civil and criminal securities cases
- Legal counseling on and representation in financial and securities-related disputes
- Legal counseling on and representation in financial transaction disputes
- Represented security firms in disputes regarding the firm employee’s liability towards “imperfect sales” of financial products
- Represented the CEO of a security firm in the criminal case involving the sales of the ELW
- Successfully represented a Korean asset management company in a dispute with an investor related to the legitimacy of asset management in dealing with off-board derivatives
- Disputes related to the handling of loans and deposits
- Disputes related to accidents caused by employees of financial institutions
- Disputes arising from a financial institution’s handling of imports and exports, including the issuance of the letter of credit
- Represented various banks in the recent serious of actions involving the wide sale of derivatives called KIKO(knock-in knock-out)
- Represented banks in the series of litigations brought by the borrowers claiming refund of fees incurred in the installation of keun-mortgages