Yulchon is one of the leading Korean firms in project finance transactions, in which our lawyers combine their talent and experience in project financing and related fields to guide clients through all aspects of development, financing and operation of a project from implementation to completion. Our Project Financing Group has been recognized and selected as the Firm of the Year 2012 for Projects and Project Financing in South Korea by Asian-Mena Counsel and the Firm of the Year 2010 for Project Finance in South Korea by Asian-Counsel.
We represent sponsors, creditors, banks, construction constructors and governmental agencies related of a wide range of industries including plant construction, energy, logistics, or infrastructure and industrial projects as well as ships and aircrafts building projects.
With extensive experience related to project financing, we provide legal as well as in-depth business and strategic advice including new financing plans, negotiation of various agreements, and identifying and mitigating risks related to the industry, revenue, and politics.
Major Practice Areas
- Structuring projects in various industries
- Establishment, operation, and liquidation of all project financing related corporations and financial institutions
- Preparation and negotiation of all project related agreements
- Advice on legal and administrative regulations
- Governmental permits and licenses related to projects
- Legal due diligence
- Taxation related to financing
- Review of security for project financing, BFL vol. 37 (Co-Authors) (2009)
- “Legal Issues on Project Finance: Subordinated Debts and Collateral” Commercial Code Review Vol. 24, No. 2 (2005)
- Legal Aspects on the Project Finance, Yonsei University (LL.M. Thesis) (2005)