Yulchon’s Fund and PE Group offers professional advice on all types of transactions involved with venture capital and/or private equity funds both foreign and domestic. The Fund and PE Group at Yulchon has built its reputation by successfully representing a number of high-profiled clients and providing extensive advice on complex transaction structures.
Our Fund and PE Group also provides the most effective advice not only on the traditional investment transaction forms but also those that require high-level professional knowledge such as leveraged buyout, going private transactions, multi-jurisdictional or multi-level investment structures.
The Fund and PE Group workforce consists of attorneys and professionals who possess specialist industry knowledge on the issues that arise in the field of funds and PE. In addition, our attorneys and professionals in the Fund and PE Group also possess professional knowledge in other legal fields such M&A, foreign investment, tax, and antitrust laws therefore they are able to mold their services to fit each and every client. Our attorneys and professionals, with deep understanding of the relevant legal issues, possess the full capacity to provide the most accurate and appropriate legal advice with regards to establishing and managing domestic private equity funds.
Major Practice Areas
- Registration and establishment procedures of an equity firm, negotiations with the Financial Services Commission, Financial Supervisory Service, and other financial authorities
- Asset management and investment standard/criteria of private equity or venture capital
- Domestic and foreign investment structures, transaction propriety and legitimacy, relevant tax issues and foreign currency transactions.
- Investment decisions regarding foreign private equity funds by domestic investors
- Investment decisions to attract domestic investors or making domestic investments by foreign private equity funds
- Making investment or withdrawing investment by domestic/foreign private equity funds and/or venture capital.