Yulchon’s Media and Communication Group offers an impressive scope of expertise and experience dealing with the media and communication industry, which is rapidly changing and increasingly becoming global. We have an in depth understanding of transactions in a wide array of matters associated with media and communication due to many years of experience advising a diverse pool of clients.
Our Media and Communication Group represents both domestic and international companies, and based on our extensive theoretical background, practical experience, and close cooperation with regulatory authorities, we provide our clients with high quality legal services addressing various issues in the telecommunications and broadcasting field.
The attorneys in Yulchon’s Media and Communication Group handle everything from the planning stages of a project to assisting clients with post investigation issues following inquiries by the Korea Communications Commission. We also represent clients in other administrative actions and civil litigations.
Major Practice Areas
- Establishment of joint venture companies, corporate restructuring, investment in and acquisition of telecommunications and broadcasting companies
- Planning for media and telecommunication related business models and risks
- Application for permits or authorizations required under media and communication laws
- Advice on laws and regulations related internet-based communication services such as portal sites or electronic commerce sites
- Advice on laws, regulations or disputes related to multi-channel pay TVs such as IPTV, CATV, or satellite broadcasting
- Responses to review and investigations of Korea Communications Commission
- Disputes or litigations between media or telecommunication corporations
- Administrative actions against the orders of Korea Communications Commission
- Public trust in a mobile device and service policy in South Korea: The Mobile Device Distribution Improvement Act, Telematics and Informatics (SSCI) (May 2017)
- Effects of degrees of acceptance and awareness on a rate system for lowering mobile bills, Telecommunication Policy (SSCI) (2017)
- A Study on the Improvement of Prohibited Acts System in the Broadcasting Market, KCC (Korea Communications Commission) (Co-author) (in Korean; 2016)