Yulchon’s Merger and Acquisition Practice Group takes pride in providing its clients with the best and most comprehensive legal services. Yulchon is a leading adviser to public and private companies on a wide spectrum of M&A transactions, including friendly or unsolicited takeovers, going private transactions, buyouts of financially distressed companies, and joint ventures, as well as mergers and acquisitions in regulated industries, such as finance, energy, telecommunication, IT, environment, and medicine.
Yulchon offers practical advice tailored to clients’ specific requirements, not only to find solutions to legal issues but to achieve creative solutions in each step of the clients’ transactions to bring the most desired result and add real value to the clients’ business. To that end, our M&A Practice draws upon leading exerts in the firm’s other practice groups, including corporate, capital market, tax, antitrust, labor, and environment.
We have successfully represented clients in many precedent-setting domestic M&A transactions. We also have unparalleled experience in handling complex cross-border transactions, both inbound and outbound. In our efforts to provide the most suitable service to our international clients, our lawyers engage in close collaboration with global law firms. Further, to support our clients’ increasing interest in East Asia, we maintain branch offices in Vietnam and China.
Yulchon has been ranked among the top firms in the M&A practice area by a number of legal directories, including IFLR1000 and Asialaw Profiles.
- 2017-01-24 [The Bell] Yulchon wins Best M&A Buyer Award at The Bell League Table Awards 2017
- 2016-09-08 [Asian Legal Business] Yulchon’s M&A Practice maintains Tier 1 ranking
- 2016-03-16 [ASIAN-MENA COUNSEL] Yulchon wins ASIAN-MENA COUNSEL Deals of the Year 2015 jpg
- 2016-07-15 [The American Lawyer] MBK – Homeplus Deal selected as the “Global M&A Deal of the Year: Korea”
- 2016-05-10 Advised BK Investment Holdings, LLC in subscription of new shares in PT Tokopedia
- 2016-04-07 Advised Mirae Asset Securities and Mirae Asset Global Investments
- Current Status of Private Funds and M&A-related Issues (2004)
- Labor Issues in Mergers and Acquisitions of Bankrupt Companies, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Law school LL.M. Paper (2002)