Yulchon’s Japan Practice Team is composed of experienced legal experts with a deep understanding of Japanese law and culture. We regularly assist Japanese clients looking to invest in Korea and Korean clients looking to invest in Japan.
We established our Japan Practice Team to provide necessary guidance for enterprises interested in making various investments related to the economic revival of Japan. We also help with various other forms of economic exchanges between Japan and Korea by providing concrete solutions to our client’s problems.
In addition, Yulchon is one of the most highly regarded law firms in Korea when it comes to providing high quality legal services to Japanese enterprises that are investing or looking to invest in Korea. Our Japan Practice Team is composed of attorneys and experts who have comprehensive and extensive understanding of Japanese clients’ needs. We strive to use our knowledge to provide the most efficient and satisfactory legal service to our clients.
Major Practice Areas
- M&A and corporate general
- Real estate development
- Acquisition and management
- Energy development project
- SOC projects
- Taxation and accounting-related structuring and consultation
- Tariff and trade
- Foreign/local finance and structured finance
- Intellectual property rights
- Labor laws
- Competition laws
- Direct investment, strategic joint investment
- All kinds of regulatory fields
- Advice regarding dispute resolution
- Japan’s Corporate Reorganization Procedures – Focus on ADR of Business Recovery, The Justice No. 158-3 (Special Issue Ⅱ) (February 2017)
- New Way of Handling Secured Rehabilitation Claims – Regarding How to Handle Japan’s Corporate Recovery Procedures through linkage, Human Rights and Justice No. 463 (February 2017)
- Summary and Implication of Japan Airlines’ Insolvency, Korean Lawyers Association No. 721 (Co-Author) (February 2017)