Yulchon is proud to have the most dynamic and diverse Latin America & Iberia practice in Korea, covering both business transactions and disputes.
The team, composed of experienced lawyers qualified or educated in Argentina, Mexico, Korea, and the U.S., provides unparalleled region-specific legal services for Korean companies (outbound investments) and foreign companies (with business in Korea) in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Korean.
When it comes to outbound projects, we collaborate with reputable local law firms, with which we have built a seamless working relationship based on our knowledge of their language and business culture.
For foreign clients conducting business in Korea (inbound projects), we draw upon the uniquely organic approach of Yulchon, where experts from different practice groups work together in a congenial and cooperative environment.
Major Practice Areas
- M&A and General Corporate
- International Litigation & Arbitration
- Aircraft and Ship Finance
- Project Finance
- Antitrust and Cartel Investigations
- Tax and Customs
- Oil & Gas and Mining
- Infrastructure Projects
- Advised a major Korean company on the acquisition of an oil block in Colombia (2013)
- Obtained judicial recognition of Korean rehabilitation procedures in Mexico (2013)
- Assisted a Spanish multinational corporation to establish a wholly-owned subsidiary in Korea (2013)
- Assisted a major Korean manufacturing company to establish local production facilities in Brazil (2013)
- Advised a major Brazilian food processing company on the global acquisition of Keystone Foods which was chosen as Latin Lawyer’s Deal of the Year (2012)
- Advised a Korean energy company on the acquisition and operation of a solar energy business in Portugal (2012)
- Advised a major Korean construction company on the acquisition of Santos CMI in Ecuador (2011)
- Advised a luxury Spanish fashion company on the establishment of a Korean subsidiary and real estate matters (2011)
- Advised a major Korean mining company on the acquisition of a mine in Chile (2011)