Our attorneys represent many of the principal domestic and foreign financial institutions that provide financing and related investment support for real estate acquisition, development, construction, and long-term investment. Working closely with professionals in our firm’s Finance Practice, our attorneys assist clients in structuring, documenting, and negotiating a wide variety of lending transactions including development and construction loans, mezzanine or layered debt/equity structures, loans originated for securitization, inter-creditor and co-lender arrangements, and advising on transactions involving financing vehicles such as ABS, mortgage-backed securities, REIT, CR-REIT, real estate funds and project financing vehicles. We also counsel clients in disputes arising from complex real estate financing transactions.
Major Practice Areas
- Advice concerning real estate finance
- Litigation concerning real estate finance
- Representing a major Korean bank in a dispute between the bank and a Korean construction company arising from a project finance contract for a large scale commercial complex development project in Yongin.
- Advising a project financing vehicle in its overseas issuance of US dollar denominated bonds for purchase, development and financing of real property.
- Advising a real estate investment company owning and operating Seoul Square on a real estate refinancing project in the amount of 800 billion Korean Won, and advising many foreign-affiliated financial institutions in financing for direct acquisition of real property or acquisition through real estate funds or REITs.
- Advising Shinhan Bank on its loans made in connection with the BTL financing of the expenses of the construction of new dormitories in Kyunghee University. Advising many other major Korean banks on financing of real estate projects.
- Advising many Korean construction companies on their response and strategy in connection with the government’s special investigation of financially distressed companies indebted to the Korea Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- Representing Korean asset management companies in disputes with institutional investors in connection with real estate funds.
- Representing a major Korean life insurance company in disputes against a construction company arising from a project finance contract for an urban redevelopment project for downtown Seoul.