Our Real Estate and Construction Group routinely represents developers, investors, and financial institutions in projects throughout Korea, providing a comprehensive range of legal services that address every aspect of project development, from both transactional and litigation perspectives, including large-scale commercial developments such as apartment complexes, shopping centers, and hotels.
We also assist clients with related zoning and project development structuring, real estate assessment and valuation, contract drafting, review and negotiation, tax analysis, licenses and permits, compliance with environmental regulations, and dispute resolution.
Major Practice Areas
- Advice and litigation concerning real estate development
- Advice and litigation concerning construction and administration field
- Advising developers in many landmark skyscraper construction projects and representing such developers in relevant litigations.
- Advising developers in many power plant development projects and representing such developers in relevant litigations.
- Advising developers and general contractors in obtaining licenses and permits for industrial complexes and representing such developers and general contractors in relevant litigations.
- Advising developers in development of megastores, discount stores, and department stores and representing such developers in relevant litigations.
- Advising developers in many redevelopment and reconstruction projects, urban planning projects, and market redevelopment projects and representing such developers in relevant litigations.
- Advising developers in many publicly offered real estate fund projects, including the Yongsan station community development project, the Cheonan international business park development project, the Sangam DMC development project, the Pangyo Alpha Dome projects, and the Cheonan Pentaport multi-use complex development project.
- Advising a foreign-affiliated financial institution in its acquisition of a commercial office building complex under construction in Seoul through a real estate investment trust fund structure.
- Advising a foreign-affiliated financial institution in its equity investment in the development project of New Songdo City.
- Advising developers on multiple projects related to the Seosan Enterprise City Development Project.
- Advising developers for their sale of shares in Woomyunsan Development, the company that developed the Woomyun Mountain Tunnel.